Thursday, June 18, 2015

Coffee Love

I love coffee. This was the influence of my  parents who would let me dunk those wonderful pieces of bread - the pandesal and monay - into instant coffee for breakfast. This was then refined by my sister who exposed me to the different coffee beans from other countries such as Vietnamese, Cambodian, Turkish coffee then by my "travels" (limited ones haha) to other cities and provinces. Now I know (at least I'd like to think so) that my taste for coffee has been refined and that I can now tell what's good and what's bad. Naks!

Seriously though, I can still remember the times I would drink ashtray-like coffee and think it was good (ulk)! Now I know my favorites - and top on the list are proudly homegrown: the Benguet and Kalinga coffees from up north. I love it for its thick, robust taste. Arabica is ok though it seems a little bland to me. Batangas coffee meanwhile is good for its sharp kick  Try it!

And here's a photo of how much coffee my sister and I consume in a week (excluding what I consume in the office!). Eeep ok maybe I drink too much coffee!

Jo-Ann Lea <3




No comments:

Post a Comment